Monday, May 24, 2010

We're In

We gathered today at Central Park for a post-race cool down run, except I didn't race so it was just a run for me.  We started out rather fast and I think the race from the day before was starting to show on my friends so we decided that if we were going to run 4 miles instead of 3,  we were going to have to slow the pace down a bit.

I think my friends and I are on a roll because we have now signed up for another race, the Brentwood 10K.  That's 3 races in a period of one month!  That must be a record.  Although technically it's only going to be race number 2 for me.  I think the energy of our younger friend is starting to wear off on the rest of us.  I am looking forward to running my first 10K, especially since I missed the Womens 5K.  We talked about strategy during our run today.  We do this all the time, talk about how we're going to run a race and then when we get there all the planning seems to go right out the window.  I don't really have a time I want to aim for since I've never done a 10K before.  Since it's about 6.2 miles I hope I can at least come in under one hour.  I think that's a good place to start for the first one.

2 comments:

Patty said...

I did sign up, but am so sore from the race and then today's run, that I am regretting it. Luckily I have two days off, because of graduation. I definitely need a different strategy, I'll never make it 6 miles, feeling like I did for 3 miles. I am determined to start our slow and hopefully get in a groove, don't know what to hope for timewise, just want to enjoy!

marathon mom said...

I think we do need to stress less about these races and just enjoy the experience. How often do we get to run outside of SCV and run a 10K? There will also be a lot of familiar faces down there too. I think it will be fun regardless of what the clock says.