Tuesday, May 25, 2010

A Mixed Up Day

I think I was a little out of sorts today.  I woke up at 2 a.m. with a terrible headache and had trouble going back to sleep.  By the time my alarm went off this morning, I still had the headache.  It was one of those headaches that feel like a hangover, except I didn't have the benefit of drinking anything the night before.  Somehow I was able to get myself ready for work with my head still in a fog.  I almost put my shirt on inside out, but managed to fix that before I stepped out the door, or at least I thought so.  At work, Patty, myself and another teacher were discussing the different parenting styles between men and women.  It seems like almost a universal rule that women worry more about their children's upbringing than men.  Men seem to always think that it will all work out in the end and that we are over exaggerating everything.  Finally as I'm about to step out of the room, Patty notices that my shirt is on inside out!  I wish someone would have noticed sooner before I had walked all around school the entire morning.  Or perhaps someone did already notice, but didn't have the heart to tell me.  Not sure which is worse.

When I got home, I changed out of my work clothes and put on a t-shirt and sweats.  I decided to go the home improvement store and buy some plants with the hopes that the gardening will help clear my head.  As I got home, I noticed that the seam of my t-shirt was on the outside.  I had worn my shirt inside-out again!  My husband has been home sick all day in bed, which I think has messed up my routine in a way that has gotten me a little scatter brained.  I hope tomorrow he is feeling better so I can start wearing my clothes correctly.

1 comment:

Patty said...

You need a wife to keep track of what you are doing, or wearing! That was the best part of my day, I am sorry but I had a good laugh at your expense.