Saturday, May 15, 2010

Happy 50th Birthday Run!

We met this morning for a long run of 10 miles.  I have to say I felt much better today than I did last week when I did exactly the same run.  It might have something to do with the fact that our younger friend didn't join me, Patty, and C today and so the pace was slightly slower.  Nevertheless, we still managed a respectable pace and finished the 10 miles in about 1 hour 45 minutes.  It was starting to get really hot out there too.  I am so glad that we have been keeping up these long runs.  I feel my body getting more and more accustomed to them.  In fact as I was coming in the last mile, I thought about how easily we will be able to transition into a half-marathon anytime.  Next week the girls will be running the Womens 5k without me out on the same trail to benefit our local food pantry.  I wish I could join them (not really), but I'm glad I'll be getting the socks!

Afterwards we celebrated the big 50 for C's birthday by having a rare treat of actually sitting down and eating breakfast at a local restaurant.  It was nice to sit and chat afterwards since we all have been on that mom treadmill and needed some girl time.

1 comment:

Patty said...

I am having trouble with my little computer today, and haven't had a chance to comment till now. I am not sure how I feel about the new look of the site, it seems a little sparse right now, but I agree that it is time for a change. I was laughing at how you said this week was so much better since we ran slower. I guess you need to run with the "old ladies" more often. It was a good run, and I felt pretty good most of the way. I am not sore which is nice, but a bit bummed that our breakfast probably erased all benefits of the 10 miles we ran. I am hoping that C finds 50 to be incredible, as it is fast approaching for me too! You should sit back and enjoy your 40's, you still have a few years.