Saturday, May 8, 2010

A Long One

This morning we had set out to run our long run of 10 miles.  Patty was not feeling well so she skipped this one.  It was me, Sea N Sun, and C along with a big group of SCRs that started out this morning from Lowes.  It started out a bit chilly, but then warmed up nicely.  I was feeling pretty good and I could tell we were keeping a pretty good pace.  C turned back at 4 miles for a total of 8 miles because its been a while since she ran a long run.  Sea N Sun has never gone 10 miles before so she was a bit apprehensive, but she did great.  In fact, I was starting to lose some steam about 1 mile left to go and so badly wanted to walk, but she just kept saying "its just a little bit more".  We finished our run in exactly 1 hr 40 minutes, which means we ran under 10 min/miles because we stopped for water and then we turned at Old Orchard and chatted with a fellow SCR for a while.  No wonder I was so tired!  It's nice to have young ones around once in a while to challenge the pace a little. It's also nice to see our weekly mileage creeping back up again.

I'm glad I got this long one in before we all go off and celebrate Mother's Day with our families.  I hope Patty is feeling better to enjoy it.

1 comment:

Patty said...

I am so upset to have missed our run, and even more to be sick this weekend! I went out to a nice lunch with my family, but am feeling kind of lousy now. Hopefully if I rest today, I will be able to shake this before tomorrow. HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY to my friends, and any other's who might be reading!