Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Up and Running

I was finally able to get out for a run with Marathon Mom today. I was sick over the weekend and then celebrating #4 son's 18th birthday, so I have missed a couple of runs with my friends. We started from Bridgeport, and had agreed to a new route that would keep us off the hills but in the shade. I have to say that I like the route very much, but at the beginning I felt like I would never make it all the way. We headed toward Helmers, but instead of heading into the switchbacks, we crossed Grandview and took the paseos on that side toward Heritage Park. We stayed on the street to get more shade until we got to the park and then took the trail into Bridgeport and back to the school. We ran 3.8 miles, and our pace was right around 10 min a mile. It really felt like we were dragging today, and I have to admit, I am feeling it now. I don't think I have totally gotten rid of the sore throat thing that I had over Mother's Day, that is the excuse I am going with. I am glad that I was able to get out though, and hopefully will be feeling a little perkier by Sat. for our long run. I move pretty fast when I am avoiding lizards though, I think the snakes have spooked me!

2 comments:

marathon mom said...

I'm not sure what scares me more, the creepy crawlers on the trails or you screaming. It was good having you back out on the run. I have been feeling really tired lately too, probably a combination of the allergies and not enough rest after the long run over the weekend. I liked the route we did today too. It has a good mix of terrain and scenery. I guess we can always run it in reverse for a change and run along the lake back to the school too. So many possibilities!

Patty said...

New running routes are what we need, are you up for a run today? I would be up for a short one.