Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Hard Work

I have run for the last two days, and I am finally getting around to posting about the running. Yesterday, I met Sea and Sun, and C at Cheesepark and we ran on the Albertson's side of the trail. The hardest part for me was remembering to turn the GPS on at the right time. Sea and Sun was trying to calibrate her watch, and I wasn't much help with the mileage. We ran the trail at a pace just under 10 min. and that was tough, but we picked it up in the last half mile and ended our 4.25 miles at around a 9.35 pace. The weather has been very unpredictable, the heat has really been hard to deal with, but since it had been cloudy and rainy all day, I thought it would be cool, cold even. No such luck, it got pretty hot, but we did it!

Today I met Marathon Mom at Bridgeport and we ran the route that we came up with last week, toward Helmers but instead of the switchbacks, we took the paseo toward McBean, through Heritage Park, and back to Bridgeport. Luckily today there was no GPS, and we dragged the whole way. It was HOT again, and there was just nothing in the legs. We just missed a snake, and I am sure that I saw a rat scurry into the bushes while we stretched (ugh). We both agreed that when the run is so hard to get through, we get twice as much benifit, because we seem to work harder to just keep running! Maybe it is just hard listening to me gripe about how stressed I am about all that is going on in my life right now. I have been accused of being "grumpy" lately and I am sure that is true. I know that my mood will change, and I hope the running will improve, but for today, this is all I have to say.

3 comments:

marathon mom said...

Today was really hot and windy too, but thankfully we finished before it got really windy. This heat is bringing all kinds of critters out, one of which my cat ate for his dinner tonight (yuk). I noticed during our run that we were really fighting the wind for more than half of our run. I was expecting the heat, but not the wind. I think it took the wind out of me.

We always talk about how to shed those unwanted pounds, but it seems impossible to do while trying to run. I wish I knew what that perfect balance is. When I try to watch what I am eating, there just doesn't seem to be enough energy to run. I supposed it is hard work to try to balance the two and that's why we all don't have the perfect body.

marathon mom said...

Okay, this is getting annoying. I posted and it says it has one post, but then when I click on what I wrote, there's nothing there. I can't even remember what I wrote before. I think I was mainly complaining about the heat and the wind, pretty much the same thing as always. I was feeling sluggish due to not eating enough today. It is really hard trying to figure that balance between eating just enough to shed a few pounds and still having enough energy to run on.

I am depressed because the "hot guy" got voted off American Idol tonight. Oh well, I guess they're all good and I like all of them.

Patty said...

Both comments posted, so it makes it look like we have more readers. At least the "hot" guy stuck around until the end, the other guy should win though.