Saturday, January 30, 2010

Coffee At Last!

This was the picture message I sent to Patty to try to entice her to come and join us for coffee.  Unfortunately it didn't work, but it did make her jealous because I was also having one of her favorite pastries.  C and I met at Peet's for our long run today and boy was it cold!  We ran 7 miles at about 9.4 min/mi. pace and we were really glad when it was over.  We did feel like it is getting easier on these long runs, but we were also feeling the effects of our hilly run on Wednesday. 

At Peet's they had forgotten to make C's coffee so she had to wait an extra long time for her's but the wait was worth it because the coffee is so good there and they gave her a gift card for the inconvenience.  The good news is that the doctor told Patty that she can start running whenever she is feeling up to it, which means she will probably be back out running with us this coming week.  I'm sure this picture I sent to her will be even more encouragement to get back out there with us soon.

3 comments:

Patty said...

I don't know what I am more jealous about the coffee and pastries (our secret is out), or the great run you guys had today. I have a feeling I won't be able to get back to that pace for a while. The picture of the coffee looks so good and now everyone knows that when we complain about our runs, we are leaving out the fact that we spoil ourselves afterward with such treats! I am getting bored for sure and can't wait to be back to our running schedule.

marathon mom said...

Yes, but we only spoil ourselves on the weekends after a hard week of running (or so that's how we rationalize the calories).

Patty said...

We do work hard for that coffee, but I was really impressed with the picture, and how great it looked. It was like you downloaded it.