Sunday, January 10, 2010

Back to Reality

It's back to reality for the rest of our kids tomorrow.  Winter break is over and it is now officially over for us too.  It's one thing to get up in the morning and get yourself ready for work and an entirely different thing to also get someone else out of bed, have them get ready, feed them, and then get them out the door in time while trying to get ready yourself.  With the busy week ahead of us, it was so nice to get in a long run from Lowes and just sit to have coffee afterwards discussing the busy week we just had and the busy week ahead of us.  These "sessions" of coffee with my friends are almost sacred for me, a little piece of time carved out for myself so I can defuse and recharge for the next wave of chaos.  I know we were all dreading our resolution to get at least a 10 mile run in each week and it was not easy, but we did it.  The fact of the matter is, it is never easy..

1 comment:

Patty said...

It was hard today, I have the New Year blahs. My legs feel OK when I am running but my body seems to hurt. It feels like I am coming down with something that never quite arrives. I am very tired too, but was so glad for that extra half hour this morning. I am glad to be out running these days, and so glad I have my friends to help me through or it is doubtful that I would do it. I agree about the coffee, it is the time I look forward to the most