Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Tempo Running and Much Complaining!

I think I am safe in posting right now, because Marathon Mom is out celebrating her hubby's birthday (Happy Birthday to you). We met our friend Sea and Sun at Bridgeport School today and took the trail past Pavilions until the trail ended. All in all it was about 3.2 miles, and as is usually the case when our younger friend runs with us, we ran faster than our normal pace. I honestly felt like I was gasping for air the entire time and was hoping that our pace was truly blazing. As it was we ran it in a 9.18 which is not too shabby, and what I am going to consider my "tempo" run for the week. I have been feeling out of sorts all week, headache, back to work, back pain, just overall grumpiness, no special reason, just because. I felt very guilty for all the complaining when I got home and read my daughter-in-laws blog, and discovered she got out and ran in 23 degree weather today, all by herself! They are really having a deep freeze back east, and she is bound and determined to get back on the running track. Since my car said it was 80 degrees when we started our run at 4pm, I feel like I probably don't have much reason to complain, but that is what we do. We laugh, we talk, we cry sometimes, and we complain, but I enjoy it, and will do it again tomorrow!

2 comments:

Claire said...

Man, I don't know...80 degrees sounds pretty miserable!! Being hot while running is awfully hard to remedy. At least I was able to wear all my gear (gloves, headband, puffer vest, jacket, shirt, pants) and got toasty warm towards the end of the run.

Not to mention your pace today, wow. Keep up the good work and I will keep being inspired by you MORE ladies!

marathon mom said...

They showed a clip on the news of two women running in knee deep snow and I first thought they're crazy and then envied their determination! We won't even get in the pool to cross train because it's not warm enough. I've been thinking about getting a gym membership only so that I could swim in a nice, warm, indoor pool and maybe do some weights occasionally. I'm such such a wimp. I could never move out of California.