Monday, January 4, 2010

Last Day to Sleep In!

Today was the last day of Christmas Break for Marathon Mom and myself, so we slept in one last time and headed out for a morning run. It has been so nice sleeping in (7am) and starting a bit later these past couple of weeks. We had taken the weekend off after our "Hangover Run" on Friday, and nursed our sore legs, but today it was time to get back to our routine and get a run in. It was only the two of us since C has another week of vacation, and is spending some time with her sister in Las Vegas (I am sure she is running while she is there). We started from Lowe's and crossed Bouquet, heading toward the new housing that runs along Newhall Ranch Rd. We did 2 miles out and back, and I have no idea what kind of pace kept (no records were set today, I'm sure). My legs felt good, if not for my stomach it would have been a perfect run, as it was it was not bad. The coffee afterward was really good, and it was nice to be able to ease into my work week with a little exercise and conversation with my friend. I am looking forward to a great running year, so proud of my daughter-in-law who is out there running, even when it isn't easy, and looking forward to running with my brother sometime later this year! See you at work :)

No comments: