Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Nada

Well I guess the title pretty much sums up what my friends and I have been doing as far as running this week.  I think we have broken a new record for the least amount of miles run in a single week, which at this point is zero.  We really have no excuse since C was gracious enough to offer the use of her gym to run on a treadmill, but there's something about a dreary, cold, wet day that just makes you want to sit at home by the fire and do absolutely nothing.  The weird part is that I feel absolutely no remorse for doing nothing.  In fact, I'm not normally a middle of the day napper, but I actually took a nap yesterday.  If this weather keeps up, who knows what else I will start doing instead of running.

3 comments:

Patty said...

We are so lucky we live in Southern California, and this is out of the norm for us. I too have been sitting by the fire, taking naps and eating comfort food (brownies), since the rain started. I just hope that when the rain stops and we get back out to run, that my legs will still know what to do. I am going to think that they will just be well "rested".

marathon mom said...

You don't have to "think" they are well-rested. They actually will be.

Patty said...

I am choosing "well rested" as opposed to "out of shape".