Saturday, January 16, 2010

Not a Perfect Ten

After our Marathon, we loosely agreed that our weekend runs would be 10 milers. We figured since we had been training for the Marathon, we had pushed our mileage up to 20 at time, and 10 would be simple to accomplish on a weekly basis. Well, that did not happen today for C and I. I don't feel bad, we still managed 6.6 this morning, but we purposely avoided the SCR's "Ben's Ten" which was scheduled for this morning. Marathon Mom is out of town, and she was truly the only one of us who wanted to run ten miles with someone timing us, and then possibly posting our times somewhere to haunt us at a later time. I had run two days in a row, and was doubtful that I had a "good" ten miler left in my legs today. I convinced (it wasn't hard) C to meet a half hour later at Peet's and run in the opposite direction as the SCR's, so we wouldn't get caught up in their fun. I did feel a bit guilty when I was driving to Peet's and saw alot of SCR's running across the bridge on McBean. C and I ran along the Heritage Trail to Copperhill and back, a total of a bit over 6.6 miles. I purposely did not look at my Garmin while we were running, because I did not want to focus on our pace, but just get in as many miles as we could. It was a tough run today, very cold, and the slight uphill to Copper always seems like slow torture (I know, I know, I've mentioned this many times). We did however see many bikers out today, and a couple of our friends too, all trying to get a bit of exercise before the big rainstorm hits. As soon as we stopped running, the clouds cleared away, and it got warm and sunny, really beautiful (good thing since my #4 son went to the beach today with his friends). We joked that we should have waited an hour, and we would have really had perfect weather for our run. It was really nice to sit and talk over our lattes, and we both agreed that we would have run the 10 miler with Marathon Mom, but without her it just wouldn't be the same. I guess we will hear about it when she gets back. We are hoping for a break in the rain on Monday, so we can get our run in, hope you all enjoy the holiday weekend!

1 comment:

marathon mom said...

I guess it's okay that you didn't run 10 miles since I didn't either. I did go for a run/walk for about 4.5 miles on Glacier Point road on Saturday before the storm came. I skied all day Sunday too and at the higher altitude I could feel my heart pumping pretty hard. Conditions were blizzard-like from Sunday afternoon to the time we left today at around noon. It sure was pretty though. I'm hoping there are enough gaps in between these waves of storms for us to get a run in here and there.