Thursday, October 1, 2009

Poor Patty

Things just have not been going well for Patty. First her knee started to act up and now that it is feeling a little better and has been given the okay to run a little longer, she ends up getting sick. Lately it must feel like one step forward and two steps back. The main thing is that she keeps going forward. I hope she is feeling well enough for our weekend run. I know how discouraging it must be with our marathon coming closer and closer. I guess any of us could get sidelined from now until then with the flu or something. In fact, I got my flu shot the other day just in case, but the "swine" flue vaccine isn't available yet and I'm not too thrilled about doing a two dose vaccine. I just hope and pray that we are all healthy and well by Dec. 6th.

C and I ran from Cheese Park a little later than we originally planned because it got hotter today than what we expected. We left the park and headed straight to the trail via the dirt power line road and headed to Heritage Park and back. We were both dragging quite a bit and agreed to run slow, which we did with an average pace of 9.5. The winds had picked up quite a bit since the other day so it was a struggle coming back to the park. Amazingly though, the hill seemed a lot easier and shorter today, probably because of the slower pace. I'm just glad we got it in and it's over. I'm not looking forward to the long run this weekend, but I'm looking forward to having coffee with my friends if they are all healthy. It feels like it's been too long.

2 comments:

Patty said...

OK a whole post on how pathetic I am, very sad. I felt much better yesterday evening, so went out for a short run with the husband this morning. About a mile into the run, my stomach reminded me that it had been very upset, just 24 hrs. before and I should take it easy. I only ran about 2 1/2 miles but it did feel good to be out running, even if I am not back to full strength yet. I am hopeful for Sunday's run.

marathon mom said...

I'm just glad you were feeling well enough to attempt running at all.