Thursday, October 29, 2009

Short and Sweet

Tonight's run at Central Park was quick, but I don't really have any complaints. I don't know if there is something going around, or if we are just wiped out from our long weekend run, but it seems like it has been hard to get out and run this week. Our friend C is truly under the weather, and we are hoping she will bounce back in time for our weekend run. We did the old 3 mile course at Central Park and it was really a nice change of pace (I mean running back and forth on the Heritage Trail sure gets old). Our pace was respectable 9.4, (it seemed faster), and since the gale force winds have died down, it was a pleasant run. It is nice to get out of the house, burn off some of the stress of the day, and go home with some Halloween Treats on top of it. I think I will enjoy my candy and try to go to bed early, I am truly hoping that I can avoid our friend's bad luck, and stay healthy till our Half Marathon in a little more than a week!

3 comments:

marathon mom said...

I have also been dragging all week and I think the 20 miler really did take it's toll on all of us. I remember reading something about how your immune system is depleted after doing really long runs and you run a higher risk of getting sick. I have also been thinking about all the nasty stuff going around and have been religiously using hand sanitizer at work. My biggest fear is getting sick just before the marathon. I do hope C is feeling better soon.

It was nice getting out to Central Park for a change. It's miserable in the summer, but once it starts to cool down, it's not a bad place to run as long as you're early enough to get parking.

Patty said...

I thought I would be looking forward to tomorrow's "short" 10 miler, but I am worried. I have been so tired this week, and I woke up today so stiff and sore in my knee and my feet. I wonder if it is the change in the weather? Hopefully I will gain some momentum as the day goes on!

marathon mom said...

At least we're not sick like poor C. I almost feel like I should be running whenever I get the chance because the way this flu is going around, who knows who'll be next.