Monday, October 19, 2009

One Step Backward

Tonight we decided to try and get a short run in, because we weren't going to be able to run tomorrow night. Well for me it wasn't a good idea, my knee had been stiff and sore all day. I am sure it was because of yesterday's 15 miles, but I kept thinking it would warm up and I would feel fine. Right from the beginning my knee was sore, in a way that made me stop running and just walk. My friends walked a bit with me, but I felt so bad keeping them from a run that they could have easily finished! I should have listened to my knee and stayed home, but I don't like to be left out, so I took the chance. I really want to make it through the longer runs, so I may have to take more time to recover from them, lesson learned! Sorry girls for dragging you down, I came home and iced and will rest when I can, and
hopefully be ready for the weekend.

3 comments:

marathon mom said...

Well it was supposed to be a "short" run, perhaps not that short, but it was still good to get out and shake out the legs/joints a little. No need to feel bad about dragging us down, it was good just to have the company. Let's keep our fingers crossed for Thursday and Sunday.

cm said...

Hey don't fall out of your chairs but I am posting !! I just want to say that it's been a hard and somewhat painful journey for us all and some more than others (Patty) ! but the journey has been good overall ! Could not have gotten this far without my friends thats for sure !! I am hopeful our 20 this weekend will be better then last Sunday's run and we all survive without too much pain ! If you think about it our run was somewhat funny last weekend and I think with the time it took I would like to say we did stop and bowl !! Thanks for these times and for friends to share this experience with ! C

marathon mom said...

I did fall out of my chair and choked on my morning coffee!