Saturday, October 10, 2009

Easy Ten

Wow I thought I would NEVER see the day when we considered 10 miles an easy run! But today my friends and I all agreed that is was fairly easy. Patty, C and I met at Lowes with the SCR and Saugus group for our run this morning. It's always nice to see familiar running faces when you're on your run. Patty's knee held up okay and we really didn't need to stop other than our two water stops. Afterwards we were talking with one of our friends and she mentioned that she is preparing for the Surf City Half marathon, which is one I've been wanting to do as a marathon. Again, we got ahead of ourselves and started talking about registering for that one too. I think we need to just wait and see how we feel after the marathon before tackling another one. In the back of my mind I'm keeping Surf City and the L.A. Marathon on the list, but the training involved is so time consuming that I just don't know. I think that is why the half marathons are becoming so popular. The half is definitely doable and the course for Surf City is so easy and beautiful, although probably cold in February. This morning started chilly, but warmed up nicely to a perfect running weather. It should be a beautiful weekend for a birthday party!

1 comment:

Patty said...

Very excited by today's run, who would have thought after our first 10 miler, that we would ever think there was an "easy ten"! All three of us felt good at the end of our run, which is really amazing, and I am sure due to the fact that we have been running such long runs, and anything less than 18 seems easy! Icing the knee, and listening to my kids laugh, while my grandaughter watches cartoons with Grandpa, what a great day!!