Thursday, October 22, 2009

Two Steps Forward

Today was a two step forward day. It seems the little rest did a world of good for Patty's knee and the signs are encouraging. During tonight's run, there was a certain stillness and peacefulness in our run. The temp was perfect and we ended up with just enough light to make it through our run. It was a beautiful evening for a run, which we don't seem to get a whole lot of here in SCV. For most of the run we chatted about funny memories of our kids when they were younger. That's the nice thing about running with other moms, we can all relate to each other's stories and none of us are bored hearing about them. We needed this peaceful easy run to bolster our courage and spirit for this weekend's 20 miles. I don't think we've ever started as early as 6 a.m. so hopefully there is enough light out at that time.

2 comments:

cm said...

Well I agree with the run tonight it was peaceful and full of good and funny memories of our children. I am having a bit of a issue with one at home and one so far away ! not so easy ! I know the one away is getting a great experience and the one at home maybe not so much ! Hopefully it will balance out soon. I hope our run Sunday is a do-able one for all. If not we are in it together !! C

Patty said...

It was the perfect night for our run, I was so glad to be out running without pain, that I didn't even notice how nice the weather was. I did think how perfect the timing was as we came under the last bridge before the park, and the light was just starting to fade. It really is fun to talk about our kids when they were small, I can so picture how cute my friends kids were, and wish I would have known them then. We never could have gotten out of the house regularly to run, when they were small though. I am just trying not to think about the 20 miles, wish I could just wake up Sunday afternoon, with it all over!!