Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Resistance Training


Tonight's run consisted of resistance training against the wind. Patty and I were without C who was feeling a little under the weather. We ran from Cheese Park down the bike path and back and it felt like we were fighting the wind the whole way. It started out so cold that I was wishing I was wearing long sleeves like Patty. On our way back up the the trail, the wind was blowing so hard that I think we could have walked faster! I think I was pushing so hard against the wind that I started to cramp up in my calves when we were almost done. Really though, I shouldn't complain because yesterday was way worse and I'm really glad we all decided to cancel yesterday. In the end we averaged just over a 10 minute pace which wasn't too bad considering the circumstances. We remembered that CP is good for running in the wind so we're hoping to try that tomorrow. I'm glad I ran tonight, but I'm even more glad that it is now over and I'm in my warm house. We're such wimps.

1 comment:

Patty said...

It was a tough run tonight, the wind was a real issue. I was so glad to get home and soak in the tub to warm up. I hope C does not have the flu, it sure seems to be going around. I am hoping that tomorrow will be nicer, we are definitely in the windy season!