Saturday, December 13, 2008

We Must LOVE Running!










Before During After

We must LOVE running! Why else would we wake up at 5am on a Saturday morning, run uphill for over an hour and then back down for close to an hour more. All this with feet that are sore, calves that hurt and legs that never stop hurting the whole time. Not to mention the bone-chilling wind, the thick fog, and steady rain! If not for my friends I would have turned back at the half way point and not felt bad about it. There is just something about knowing that two other people are suffering just as much but still putting one foot in front of the other, that keeps me going. It may be my competitive nature, the camaraderie we share, or just plain stupidity, but I am not alone in any of those so it keeps me out there going one step at a time, no matter how slow. I am proud to say that I conquered "the beast" along with my partners in running, and our brave spouses. I am glad it is over and will be remembering the run for a few days with every ache and pain.

2 comments:

marathon mom said...

At 6:00 a.m. in the morning without any makeup, I look just as bad before as after! I forgot how dark it was when we started. And as for this love of running stuff...no, I don't love running. I just love eating and that's why I have to run. If it weren't for my running friends to keep me going, I would have to sew my mouth shut over the holidays.

Claire said...

You ladies are awesome!!