Sunday, December 14, 2008

Enemy Stairs

Today the stairs in my house are my worst enemy. My quads ache so badly that I can only take one step at a time. I think everyone runs hills a little differently than the next person and the hills tend to accentuate a person's weak points. The reason I say this is because my husband's quads are just fine and it's his calves that are sore, whereas its the quads on me. I think I have stronger calf muscles in comparison to my quads.

Anyhow, I was thinking how we can improve for next time (yes, there will be a next time). I think we should run to the halfway gate at least once a month or every other week and then run a long run on the other weeks. Here I am complaining about how sore I am and I'm already talking about the next time.

1 comment:

Patty said...

My husbands quads are not bothering him either, but mine are screaming! A little strengthening may be in order.