Friday, December 19, 2008

Running Cold

It was really, really cold during our run today. Everything was blanketed in a cover of white frost, almost as if it snowed here in SCV. We ran (skidded) across the old train bridge off of Magic Mtn. Parkway, which was covered in a sheet of ice. Running when it's this cold creates a whole new set of problems as opposed to running when it's too hot. There's all these layers you have to put on, not to mention the foggy glasses. I almost prefer the heat. I'm sure I'll be saying the opposite when it's summer.

I'm looking forward to a weekend of sleeping in and no running. Our next run, CP 8:00 a.m.

1 comment:

Patty said...

It was cold this morning and it took me half the run to feel like myself. If it wasn't for my foot I feel like I would be running really well right now, but I am afraid if I rest it too much I will get behind on the running, and the treats will catch up with me. I am looking forward to a couple of days off, but it will hurt our weekly total. I really appreciate the fact that my friends are not only concerned about getting their runs in, but also about me and my well being. Thanks!