Saturday, December 20, 2008

Hike with Hubby and Hound



I knew I wasn't running this weekend with my friends so I went on a hike with my husband and our dog Phydo. I won't tell where we went to see how many of you can guess, but the sign at the trailhead said it would be 5.1 miles. I'm not sure if that includes the service road because it felt a little longer than that. It was a nice climb up and still chilly at noon. We even came upon small patches of ice and snow! My real reason for going here was to scope it out for a future run. Parts are definitely steeper than the Beast, but at least it's shorter. We'll have to wait until it dries up a little. The trail was extremely muddy and my shoes became huge mud paddies. In fact people coming down kept expressing concern for our dog and how dirty he was going to get. They didn't seem too concerned about us though.

4 comments:

SD said...

Towsley Canyon

marathon mom said...

I thought you'd be the first to get it!

Patty said...

I figured it was Towsley also, I have been thinking it would be good to give that one a try. I was a little worried about the footing issues as it looked rocky and narrow in places.

SD said...

hehe, yah i just remembered that view. it's so spectacular and hard to forget really..

i'm looking forward to doing the walk/hike again sometime.

this time, i want to take it the other way around, where i'd be going counter clockwise on the loop..

seems more mellow at the start :)