Monday, December 1, 2008

It's Not Going to be Pretty!

I was sitting in my car the other day listening to an awesome song by "James Morrison" and it occurred to me that it summed up my feelings during the recent half marathon I ran with my friends!
I asked, then pleaded, then bribed my youngest son, (he is of the You Tube generation) to set the lovely pictures that my husband took as we were finishing to the portion of the song that I thought fit perfectly. As you can see we ran with all we had that day, and there wasn't too much left at the end. In fact I apparantly ran with my eyes closed for quite some time. I hope you all enjoy these pictures and that the memories that they bring back are not too painful. I left out the pictures of my son Steven because he didn't look like he ran nearly as hard as we did and because he is not a "Mom Out Running Everywhere". I did however love the fact that he was there to share it with me and my friends and in the process ran a pretty awesome race. I just wanted to share this with my friends and say once again, GOOD JOB GIRLS, you get me through when I feel just like I look in these pictures! And a special thanks to my son, Josh who did a pretty awesome job on this video! I am implementing a ban on cameras at all future races unless we have hair and makeup waiting right before we finish, although that would really affect our times so forget it. No Cameras!

2 comments:

marathon mom said...

That is an awesome video, but you look way too happy and good when the rest of us look miserable. Did Josh digitize the images? That's pretty neat that you can add video to our blog! Now that's something new we can play with. I think you added the video to distract from the previous link to our elf video. Ha Ha.

Patty said...

I have no idea how he did it, and the only reason it was done today was that he wanted the money I offered him. I would never want to take away from my dancing skills.