Thursday, December 4, 2008

It Is Just a Bruise


The fear of not being able to run for any length of time sent me to the doctor first thing this morning to have my foot checked out. The top of my foot has a nice bruise and my second and third toes look like they are leaning away from eachother. Since it hurts quite a bit to put weight on my foot, I was afraid that I may have broken a bone. The doctor said that it was a bad bruise and the rock caused a hematoma that was pushing my toes apart. He was nice enough not to tell me that they are a bit chubby and funny looking to begin with, but that is the truth. I am not supposed to run for 2 weeks, but I am sure that is just a conservative guideline. I will try and stay off of it for this weekend but like I told the doctor, I am a fast healer so who knows. I have my sights set on "The Beast" so cross your fingers for me. I am sure you won't let me get out of it by using the old stepping on a rock trick!

2 comments:

SD said...

Wow!

Glad you are OK.. That would really bum me out, if I had to shut it down for 2 weeks.

You'll be back running in no time though..

Nice toe ring too!! :D

marathon mom said...

Hey your bruise kind of matches your pedicure! Did you plan that? Seriously, I'm glad it isn't anything serious. You were a real trooper toughing it out until the end of our run.