Thursday, July 1, 2010

Sleepy Legs

On this morning's run from Central Park, Patty's and my legs were still asleep.  Mine were feeling very heavy from the lack of sleep and long drive in the car the day before.  I think Patty was still feeling the intervals from Tuesday night.  We were already sick of the Central Park scenery and decided to head out on Bouquet towards Plum for a shadier 4 mile run.  I have to say for me, my legs really didn't wake up until we started coming back going slightly downhill.  Patty said she felt a little better once we left the park.  There are just some days when you can't will your legs to go. Both of us have been experiencing some foot pain and Patty's hip is starting to bother her too.  Perhaps we should both get new shoes and just stop complaining about it. I sense a possible shopping trip coming up!

I think it was the summer heat that kept both of us up last night.  We lost our nice fog layer and it never really cooled off last night.  There was no breeze and it felt very humid and muggy.  With the 4th of July coming up this weekend, I'm glad I'll be in Mammoth.  I will be running in the Freedom Mile while Marisol and possibly Patty will be running the 4th of July 5k here in Santa Clarita.  I think I'll be in the better race.  I would much prefer running at 8000 ft elevation for only one mile at cooler temps than running here at Santa Clarita at 8 a.m.for 3.1 miles in the heat.

1 comment:

Patty said...

Not only are my legs sleepy, but I am just sleepy, and hot! I am looking forward to having this week over with as far as running goes. My feet are really hurting, and so is my hip, I will see what the doctor says tomorrow. I just can't decide what to do about the Independence Day running, I may just skip it, since I don't have the extra money, but we will see. I am jealous of you going to Mammoth, I would like to just get away from Santa Clarita.