Thursday, July 15, 2010

Too Hot!

After this morning's run at the COC XC course, there is no way in the world I could have run the race tonight.  It was already so hot this morning, I can't imagine what tonight is going to be like.  I really hope people run wisely and adjust to the heat and not over do it.  Patty and I met this morning and ran the entire summer series course along with an additional mile loop on the dirt to make it a total of 4 miles.  We started off through the campus just like the race and continued the exact first two miles of the race, but instead of heading back into the stadium, we went back out toward Killer Hill again.  The first time we ran up Killer Hill, we were met with killer cobwebs.  The whole time we were running up the hill, I could see cobwebs streaming off of Patty and onto me. It was really creepy.  My legs felt tired from all the swimming the day before and I seriously didn't think I had it in me to do another loop on Killer Hill, but amazingly, I always feel better the second time around on the hill.  Plus by then, all the cobwebs were gone.  We finally finished and sat next to our cars to cool off and left interesting impressions of our rears on the curb as we compared who had a bigger bottom.  We'll let our readers try to guess who won.

We compared today's workout to yesterday's and what a stark contrast they were.  After our run today, we felt gross, exhausted, and hot.  Yesterday after our swim, we felt so energized and relaxed.  The only thing missing was a nice cup of coffee to greet me after my swim.  I hope Patty finds a suit soon so we can swim more often because this running in the heat is pretty miserable.

1 comment:

Patty said...

It was "too hot" this at 7:30am, and you would have to be out of your mind to go out and race tonight! Of course my son is going to go and cheer with his friends tonight, notice it is not the night that I ran, that would be too embarrassing. I spent the day with my son and future daughter-in-law talking about wedding plans and getting my makeup done, but the few minutes in the car in between have ruined my mood. Also the fact that there were no bathing suits at Kohl's, but I did get my son a set of towels for $8, thanks to Marathon Mom, Thanks!