Friday, July 2, 2010

Running in Circles

Marathon Mom, Marisol, and I met at Peet's this morning for a run before we started our busy days, or for them, busy weekends. I had a doctor's appt. to get to, so we decided not to try and make it a long run. Marisol wanted to run the Train Bridge loop, instead of an out and back, so we headed out toward the bridge hoping that the workers would let us cross. We got lucky, because there was no one working today, probably already started on their holiday weekend. We made it to Newhall Ranch Road, crossed to the other side of the trail and headed back towards Peet's. It really was a pleasant run for me, legs felt fine, and feet weren't hurting. We didn't set any records 3.7 miles at a 9.5 pace, but it was nice to have a little more in the legs compared to yesterday's run.

We got to sit outside at Peet's and chat for a few minutes, before Marathon Mom left to get her weekend in Mammoth started, Marisol went home to a house full of visiting relatives, and I went home to rush off to the foot doctor. Well the doctor never showed up, who knew there were surgical foot emergencies! I was kind of frustrated to have to wait till next week, since it was the most exciting thing I had planned :(.

Marathon Mom is going to run the Freedom Mile race in Mammoth, and Marisol and her family are going to race the Independence Day 5K at Newhall Park. My husband and I are still discussing whether we want to go out and run the ID 5K, or not, I will let you know. Have a Happy 4th!

2 comments:

marathon mom said...

I hope you decided to run the race or at least got some more running in. That sucks about the doctor appt. because foot pain is no fun.

Marisol said...

Next Year Patty!!!!!