Monday, July 19, 2010

Facing Facebook

I was secretly sent out on a mission this morning by two mutual friends of Patty and mine to convince her that it is finally time to get on Facebook.  I understand her apprehension because I'm still new at it too and even started a FB page a few months ago and then quickly deleted it because I didn't think I liked it.  But I did give it another try a few days ago and it's really starting to grow on me.  So this morning as Patty and I met for our run at Central Park, I proceeded to tell her that we've been talking about her and even posted pictures of her on our pages so that she will be curious enough to finally get going on FB.  By the time we left Central Park and ran up to Haskell Cyn to Copperhill, I think I had her firmly convinced.  I didn't think we were going to run that far today with the heat and all, but the route we took was actually quite pleasant and shady.  The hill to Copperhill wasn't as steep as I remember it either.  The pace wasn't wonderful, but we had to stop for some rather slow lights.  It was much easier coming back with the downhill and it seemed like we were back at the park in no time.  When we got back, Patty asked me to email her from FB because it is easier to sign on that way.  I guess today's run was a productive one.

3 comments:

Patty said...

Today's run was so much better for me than Sat. I don't know if it is all in my head, but I felt like it was cooler, or at least we were in more shade. My legs felt so much better, and even though our pace was slow, it felt like the run was over before I knew it. When you said we ran 4.7, I couldn't believe it. I am still working on the FB thing, not sure if it is my thing, but I did have your e-mail, and one from another friend asking me to sign up. I think my kids are terrified!

marathon mom said...

If your kids are terrified, even more the reason to do it!

Marisol said...

SOOOO glad you joined FB!