Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Tuesday Tortures

As if going to the dentist first thing this morning to get two cavities filled and get deep scaling done on my teeth weren't bad enough, I subjected myself to more punishment by running intervals tonight with the SCRs.  Patty was at her son's game and couldn't make it and my husband had to take my oldest son to practice so I was left to go it alone, until I decided to drag my youngest son with me.  He opted to get extra sleep this morning and skipped practice with his team in exchange for running intervals with me tonight.

As we got there, Phil (the guy who is charge of intervals) told us he was going to go "easy" tonight due to the heat and the smoke in the air.  Well his version of "easy" is everyone else's torture.  Our workout consisted of:

1 - warm up lap
2 - 300 m,  jog 100 no rest in between sets
2 - 800 m
6 - 400 m random relay ( just line up and take the next baton that comes in)
4 - 100 m strides to sprint barefoot
2 - cool down laps

I'm glad to say I finished the entire workout, although I seriously wanted to skip some of those random relays.    Even though we haven't been to intervals in a while, I feel like we haven't been doing too bad.  When Patty and I do the intervals, we're never in the back of the pack like we used to be and I haven't felt like I was holding up the workout like I used to in the past.  Either we're getting better or everyone else is slowing down.

1 comment:

Patty said...

Wow, good for you, going on your own on a night like tonight. I ran with my hubby this morning at 9am, and it was miserable! We ran at Central Park, and even though there was a cool breeze when we started, you couldn't feel it while we ran. The heat took a toll, and I think I averaged just under 10 min miles. I spent this evening sitting in the Hart High gym sweating, and can't even imagine running intervals!