Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Stay Away!

For all you people with the cold or flu, please stay away from us! We have just a few more days until our marathon and we cannot afford to get sick. I have been fighting something since this weekend, most likely from my husband who has been sick all weekend, and I have been taking everything possible to keep from getting sick. I wasn't sure how wise it was for me to go running this afternoon with Patty, but I thought perhaps the increase in body temp might help fight whatever is trying to get started. C was feeling under the weather too and decided to rest today. Patty and I ran easy from Cheese Park to Decoro and back along the river trail. The temperature was perfect and we kept a decent pace of 9.4 overall. I could tell Patty was feeling really good because I was having trouble keeping up. My legs felt tired tonight, perhaps from my Sunday run on the hills. It's so hard not knowing if you're going to have a good run or not. I wish there was an on/off switch, although I'm sure that switch would always stay on. We plan to run again tomorrow and then take it easy for the rest of the week, until Saturday. We plan on doing a light shake out in Santa Barbara on Saturday just to get our legs moving. We're looking forward to the end.

1 comment:

Patty said...

The weather was so nice last night, and it just felt good to be out running. I am worried that the lack of use is going to make for some pretty sore muscles after the marathon. However, it is more important not to make the knee sore this week and so far, so good. I am a little concerned about the rain that is on it's way this weekend, and hope that it will truly hold off until after we are done. It looks like it might be cooler and cloudier than we had thought though. I am trying to picture the finish, and myself there and happy, not the other parts. The "Biggest Loser" contestants ran a marathon last night on TV and it really makes me realize that we will get through it, we have prepared and are as ready as we will ever be! Hope my friends feel better.