Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Hills Again

Yesterday morning Patty, C, Sea-N-Sun, and I went for a run from Cheese Park and we were all wishing we could have slept in a little later.  It was very cold and it never did quite warm up.  At least it wasn't as windy as it is today.  We decided to run the dirt trail by the power lines and start working the hills back into our training.  It actually didn't feel too bad and none of us stopped on the uphill portion.  We did a loop around the river and ended up with 4.75 miles.  I think our pace was pretty good too.  It's always quicker when Sea-N-Sun is running with us.  We all had tons of things to do for the holidays, but we just couldn't go home without our morning coffee so we stopped and had coffee and donuts for a little while.  It was the calm before the storm of holiday madness. 

2 comments:

Patty said...

It was a nice run yesterday, and I think we are all enjoying the benefit of all that marathon training. I agree with you about capitalizing on that right now. I also love the quote for today, how true! A cashier today asked me if I was done, I told her "I am never done, I just run out of time!" I am sure hoping the wind dies down before our run tomorrow.

marathon mom said...

All night I kept listening to the howling wind and the only thing that kept coming to my mind is...I hope it's not that windy tomorrow for our run. I guess I have a one tract mind even when I'm sleeping.