Saturday, December 5, 2009

Wish Us Luck!

Well we leave for Santa Barbara in a few hours and I'm really nervous. Not so much about running the marathon, but about how I'm going to feel due to the fitful sleep I had last night as a result of this cold I'm fighting. In hindsight, I would never plan on running a marathon in the middle of cold/flu season again, bad idea. Oh well, what's done is done and I can only do what I can do and deal with what has been dealt to me at this point. I'm glad it will finally be over by tomorrow afternoon. It has been quite a journey. It's not quite over yet, but I'm glad my friends have been with me along the way.

4 comments:

Patty said...

I like to optimism for our Sunday miles. I still haven't let my mind go too far in thinking about the particulars of our race. I am the lucky one who hasn't gotten sick so far and am so very grateful. The weight of the season, and the worry about my loved ones health is enough to keep me distracted so far. I am hoping that adrenaline will kick in at some point and carry me to the finish. I have received many good wishes from family and friends and know that you are rooting for me. I could not have put in the miles in trainging without my friends, and they will get me through the race tomorrow!

Picture Lady said...

Best wishes to you all! Kudos for sticking with it!

Claire said...

I have been thinking about you ladies all day today, even though you'll probably get this message after the fact! You have all trained so diligently that I know you will all do wonderfully. I can't wait to hear (or read) all about the big day soon.

SD said...

w00t!! you guys did it!

yah, i had to leave a comment prior to one of you making a new post about it...

way to go! ;)