Thursday, December 3, 2009

Just Barely!

Well C and I got out for a short run tonight, and when we finished we felt like we had kept a pretty decent pace, considering we had no energy, and our legs were dead. Well we did manage to run under a 10 min. pace, but like the title says "just barely". Marathon Mom has caught her hubby's cold, and is trying to stay warm, get some extra rest and not do anything to make it worse. C and I agreed that we would just try to work up a sweat, no more, no less, but it was a real chore. I am glad to say, that I haven't felt sick, but am tired and can't stop from thinking about all the Holiday chores that will not get done this weekend. December is a tough time of the year to add extra activity, and we have looked at eachother more than once and said "what were we thinking?" I am trying to keep myself from thinking about the actual race, and try to just picture myself at the finish, happy and most of all DONE! We are saying our prayers for fresh legs, no wind or rain,! clear heads, dry noses (but not too dry), and most of all an experience that we will look back on fondly

5 comments:

marathon mom said...

So how much is just barely? I felt better during the day, but as the day wore on, I was feeling worse again. The way I'm feeling now would give me doubts about even finishing the marathon at this point, let alone trying to finish under 5 hours. Tomorrow will be the telling day. This really sucks!

Patty said...

We ran 3.15 miles at a 9:56 pace. It was so funny because C said when we started that it felt like we
hadn't trained at all. It was like we had just decided last week that we should run a marathon this weekend. All that training, I sure hope it pays off somehow! We are hoping you start feeling better by tomorrow.

SD said...

Lookin good there!

Can't wait to hear from you after crossing the 36.2 line!!

Patty said...

I won't be running 36.2, maybe if I start thinking I have to then I will be relieved when I cut it short at 26.2.

SD said...

oops