Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Working Up a Real Sweat

This afternoon Marathon Mom, C, her daughter and I met at Bridgeport School for a much needed run before it got dark. It was a bit windy and cold when we started, but since we are "runners" we quickly warmed up. The guy that passed us on his bike was bundled up "head to toe", I am sure because he wasn't even sweating! Of course C's daughter didn't want to be seen running with three slow older ladies, so she took off in the opposite direction. We ran on the trail toward Lowe's and made the loop behind Hart Baseball fields to hook up with the trail toward McBean, and then back again to Bridgeport School. According to the GPS it was 3.8 miles? total, give or take, and we figure we ran it at about a 9.4 average pace. I have to say, I felt very sluggish to start out, but felt good about half way in and was sure we were really keeping a good pace at the end of the run. I am glad we got a chance to work up a sweat and hopefully burn some of those holiday goodies off, even if we don't feel like we are at our best right now. I am sure it is a combination of the stresses of the season, and the effects of our recent marathon. Thank goodness for my friends who make time, even when it is busy to get out and run with me!

1 comment:

marathon mom said...

That route was a nice change and I'm really glad my leg isn't bothering me as much. I think our actual running pace was much faster than 9.4 because I didn't stop my GPS when we stopped at the bathrooms or to stretch. I kept looking at our pace and it was always 9.3 and in the last mile I tried to keep the pace under 9 around 8.3 min/mi. I guess I should just stop my GPS when we stop, but that means you girls have to remind me to turn it back on when we start again.