Saturday, December 26, 2009

Longish Run

In my mind I had secretly planned a 10 miler for this weekend’s run to help work off some of the holiday indulgences. But then I got a text from Patty asking if we could meet at Peet’s instead, which meant we would be running 7 miles instead. I had been up on my feet all day yesterday and woke up with a severe sinus headache so the thought of cutting it a little short was welcomed news. I wasn’t sure if Patty got wind of my plans of the 10 miler or if she preferred Peet’s coffee more, but C had a feeling we might be running longer. In any case, we all were happy to change the plans to Peet’s, but we were all caught off guard as to how cold it was going to be this morning. Yesterday was so warm that none of us came in our leggings. In fact, a gentleman was just walking out from Pavillions with a bunch of hot Starbucks coffees and had to “give us credit” for being out in shorts and running. I must say, I have to give us credit too. It stayed cold the whole way to Old Orchard and back on the South Fork. We weren’t counting on the huge crowd at Peet’s, but it all worked out fine in the end when we were able to snag a table, except for the licorice flavored blueberry scone that C got. I think the mood was definitely more relaxed among the three of us now that Christmas is over and we can just concentrate on getting our homes back in order.

1 comment:

Patty said...

I guess with all the complaining after our 3 miler a couple days ago, it never occurred to me that you would want to run "10 miles". I am a little slow sometimes. I truly just wanted the Peet's coffee! I can't remember being that cold in quite a while, the first half of the run, my fingers felt like they were going to snap off. It felt really good to be out though and my legs felt so much better than the last run. I have really enjoyed this holiday season, and especially the times we can get together without all the pressures of work, and the kids sports that seem to take away all our energy. I mean just getting to sleep until 7am, run with the girls and then do a bit of shopping, it just doesn't get any better. Even a day spent cooking a turkey, will not stress me out, because it doesn't have to be perfect and I get to spend time with the kids, and the adorable granddaughter! Have fun in S.D. and don't study the whole time.