Friday, December 18, 2009

Not Alone

On our run from Peet's this morning, it was just C and me.  I guess it's Patty's turn to not feel well.  C and I took an easy 10 min pace and ran to the Wiley Bridge and back.  When we finished we met up with some local women runners who are much faster than us, just getting ready for their run. Chris, who is in our age group but tends to win all the local races in our gender just finished running her second marathon in Sacramento when we were running ours in Santa Barbara.  She was with two other VERY fast ladies.  We chatted a while and it was nice to hear that even these serious and fast runners are still feeling the effects of the marathon.  We were also comparing our marathon "scars" and it turns out that Chris also has a hamstring injury from the marathon just like me.  When I told her I thought it was from the banked roads or the downhill, she replied "no, it's from running 26.2 miles!" (ha ha)  I suppose she is right.  There is something about sharing the camaraderie of other women that makes me feel better about my running.  I realize that no matter how fast or slow we are, we all struggle with the same things.  C and I were laughing at the three ladies as they were ready to run and they were "arguing" which way they wanted to run back and forth like me, Patty, and C do all the time. It's good to know we're not alone.

3 comments:

Patty said...

I wish I could have run with you this morning, I was looking forward to it. I am feeling much better and will be ready to run on Monday! I have to get back to the baking and running around. I am glad it was such a nice day for you.

marathon mom said...

I'm glad you are feeling better and was able to get some things done. We missed you today.

cm said...

We did miss you Patty ! It was a nice day for a run and I felt pretty good. I told marathon mom that I always seem to have more in me to do the morning runs ! I look forward to the morning runs while we are off with my friends ! C