Monday, November 9, 2009

Walking it Out

Tonight I went for a long walk with my husband and dog to work some of the lactic acid out from yesterday's race. I actually felt pretty good today, not any worse than any other day after one of our long runs and even considered going for a run but the time got away from me. I really think the slower pace at the end of race really helped me. I know my friends and I are worried about doubling the distance we ran yesterday and for good reason, but I think if we just keep a consistent and comfortable pace and not let the excitement of the race get to us too much, we should be okay.

I'm actually already thinking beyond the marathon and wondering if my friends and I are going to make it for the annual Beast Charity Run. We've done it the last two years and I really would not want to miss out on it this year, but it's the weekend after our marathon and I'm not sure how our bodies will handle it. I guess we can always walk up the mountain. It's for such a good cause and it's fun seeing the familiar faces on our way up as most of them are already on their way down. Here's a link to the flyer.

http://www.donsdiary.net/misc/Beast%20Flyer%202009%20V2.pdf


Perhaps I'm being too ambitious, but I never thought I'd run a marathon either.

1 comment:

Patty said...

I "walked" around the mall last night with my husband, spending my birthday money! I have thought about the Beast run a lot lately, and am going to feel badly if I miss it. I would really like to SEE the actual view from the top! I get a jolt back to reality though when I remember how my knee hurts more just going under the street overpasses on our runs, and especially during the race on Sunday. I don't think my knee will let me run that one.