Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Happy Anniversary Blog!

I realized that today marks the one year anniversary since we started our blog. I cannot believe that one year has already passed. For me, the blog has been a labor of love. Yes, sometimes it's a pain trying to think of things to write, especially when it's usually just me and Patty reading it, but on the other hand it is a creative outlet for me and sometimes a good distraction for the other duties that call. I'm also hoping that I can go back from time to time and read some of the older posts to see how far, or how little we've come along in our running. Since we started our blog, we've run the Beast Charity Run, the Jingle Bell Jog, the Woman's 5k, one of the C.O.C. Summer Series, and not much else. I guess doing a half marathon and a marathon within less than a month of each other will make up for some of our lack of activity. However, I do hope that this next year will bring more organized race participation for us. I think it gives us a goal to shoot for and keeps us out of our rut. Either way, I'm looking forward to another year of running with my friends.

3 comments:

SD said...

I'm a lurker and read your blog everyday!! :)

Patty said...

You've done a great job at keeping up the blog. I look forward to see what your take is on our runs. I think we have done a great job of being consistent with our running, just like our blog, I couldn't do it without my friends. I know that our next race will be great, because of the fact we are doing it together!!

marathon mom said...

I think one of the benefits of starting a blog was that it got us out of our comfort zone and us how to start a blog and how to build upon it. I don't think either of us are real tech savvy, but I'm amazed at what we've learned to do so far. There's still hope for us!