Thursday, November 12, 2009

The Picture of Health









I am going to try again tonight to post these pictures of us from the Half Marathon last Sunday. My husband is so nice to show up at different points during the race and take pictures of us in all our running glory! I have to say that my friends looked really good this year, but even knowing that he will be there with a camera doesn't seem to help my look any. It is a good thing that the race is over, because it has been a tough week for all of us. Marathon Mom is out with the flu, and has had to miss our last two nights of running. C and I have forced ourselves to go out for the past two days and get a run in, but it hasn't been pretty. Last night we ran the 3 mile course at Central Park, but the pace was slow, and the enthusiasm low. Tonight we started from Cheesepark and ran about 3.5 mile on the trail toward Heritage Park. The energy was even lower tonight, and we stopped and walked a couple of times, complaining the whole time of sore knees and dripping noses. It is not looking good for our scheduled 22 miler this weekend, and to tell you the truth, I am not a bit sad about it. I am crossing my fingers that I won't get the flu, and that if I do, I get it soon. I am sure you can tell by the pictures, what a difference a couple of days, and good health makes. Here's hoping for a full recovery for Marathon Mom, and renewed strength for all of us. Here is a picture of my #3 son, he makes it look so easy!!

1 comment:

marathon mom said...

Eventhough I am running 13 miles in those pictures, I would much rather feel like I did that day than the way I have been feeling the last two days. There comes a point when you are feeling so bad that you don't care if the marathon was the next day and you just blew all that training for nothing because there is no way in hell you are getting out of bed. I'm not sure what we're going to do this weekend, but it's not looking too good for me. I don't think I have 2 miles left in me, let alone 22. At least I'm up and on the computer, which is progress from yesterday.