Tuesday, November 24, 2009

12 More Days

Wow I can't believe there's only 12 more days until our big day. I know Patty doesn't want to talk or think about it until after Thanksgiving, but I'm rather excited that the day we have been training for is almost here. After our run, we tried to make some final plans for next weekend, but I think it was too overwhelming with Thanksgiving coming up. The plan is to have the hubbies drive out Sunday morning to meet us and to take us to the start so that we didn't have to hassle with the parking. The problem is that they will probably have to leave Santa Clarita around 4 a.m. I don't think they know that yet.

I just hope we are all feeling okay on race day. It is flu season and I just want all of us to be healthy. It is sometimes discouraging when you have a bad run like tonight where you just feel like you're dragging your feet (and our 10.40 pace is proof that we were!). I never felt like I got into my running groove tonight. I'm hoping that I will feel like myself by Thanksgiving day for the Turkey Trot.

1 comment:

Patty said...

I do hate when people start to "count down" to an event. I prefer to live in a state of denial, thinking that I have more time than I really do. I am not ready to make plans yet about the "details" of our run, I need to focus all my attention on baking, eating, shopping and enjoying being with my family for now. Next week I will "count down" to the marathon! Have a healthy and Happy Thanksgiving!