Saturday, November 7, 2009

Marathon Expo

This morning we got up early not to go run, but to volunteer at the SCV Marathon Expo and to pick up our race packets. I always enjoy doing this year after year because it's a chance for me to see so many familiar faces, even those you don't always expect to see there. It's also fun walking around to the various booths getting free goodies and I enjoy talking to the "first-timers" as I help them with their registration. Registration seemed a little down this year from previous years, probably due to the economy. It's also nice to see so many families running together.


I think we are so dialed in to the marathon that we really are taking a more relaxed approach to the half marathon tomorrow. Patty and I were talking to someone who is running the SCV marathon and it was comforting to find out that he feels the same way about the marathon training as we do. He is a more "serious" runner and faster than us and hearing him complain about the tedious training and how it just wipes you out for the whole weekend made us feel better because then we're not the only ones that feel that way.


After the Expo we celebrated Patty's birthday a few days early with a plateful of carbs. I'm glad we were able to celebrate it BEFORE the half marathon rather than afterwards because I'm not sure how any of us will be feeling the next day. I hope we all have a good day tomorrow!

1 comment:

Patty said...

I did enjoy the Marathon Expo, and all the people who are so excited about the races tomorrow. Since we worked at the 5K reg. we really did see a lot of parents signing up with their kids. We even were able to change bib numbers for a very superstitious couple, who should do very well tomorrow, thanks to us. Thanks to my friends for a wonderful lunch, and some really great gifts, they know me very well by now, and it really shows!! I am going to bed early tonight, and hoping for the best tomorrow, or as I told everyone who signed up today, Have Fun!!!!