Friday, February 12, 2010

Good and Bad

Today was a rare day off for all of us, so we took advantage of the opportunity and decided to get our long run out of the way. It was a little disappointing to realize that when we were just beginning our run, there was a group of SCR's that were already done, and enjoying their coffee. That was an omen for the run we were about to begin. It seems like our bodies know where we usually stop for water and to stretch, and no matter what we felt like running, we just had enough to make it to those stops. I really started feeling spent on the last third of our run, and even though Marathon Mom reminded us that it was only 3 miles back to Lowe's, it seemed like it could have been 5 or even 10 more miles, because in my mind I was done. We had to stop and walk with about 1 mile left because C's toe is really bothering her. I was happy for a reason to stop and walk because my legs felt like jelly, and they were truly sore. We got in a quick cup of coffe before we left to get all our errands done for the day, and even though the run took us much longer than we would have liked, I am sure my friends will agree that 10 miles on a Friday is a good start to a weekend. I know it is going to be easier, and also it will be harder, but that is what running is all about.

1 comment:

marathon mom said...

I'm glad you didn't mention how long that 10 mile run took us. It was bad enough feeling so spent after our run and then to have to see how long it actually took us made me feel really pathetic. Did we really run a marathon two months ago? I do recall reading somewhere that it takes several months for your body to recover after a marathon, so that is how I'm going to look at our run on Friday. . .we're still recovering.