Thursday, February 4, 2010

A Good Sweat

Today was the first day in over a week that I was able to run with my friends! It was cold out, and I didn't feel too motivated, but I knew that they would be there waiting to see how I would do after my surgery. Marathon Mom had warned me that even though they planned on doing a short 3 miler, it was going to have to be fast because C had some vague "plans" for the evening. We started from Heritage and headed toward Copperhill, which is my least favorite run of all. We quickly warmed up and took off our gloves and jackets, and I have to say I felt pretty good, like I could keep up. At the halfway point I was more than ready to stop for a minute and catch my breath. As soon as we turned around, we found out which way the wind was blowing (straight at us, and very cold) but since we were now on the downhill, it didn't seem so bad. We managed to do 3 miles at a 9.5 pace, and I am very happy with that. It was much easier than my run on Monday, and I didn't have trouble keeping the pace at all. I don't feel like I will be able to put in a long weekend run just yet, but we will go out, and see how far we get. It is nice to know that after a minor setback, my friends are there to help me get back to working up a "good sweat".

2 comments:

marathon mom said...

I thought it was weird that it got so warm on our way out, especially after how cold it was when we started. We should have known better that it was only because the wind was at our backs. You seemed to bounced right back with no effects from your surgery. It was nice to have all the "muskateers" together again.

Patty said...

I am feeling it tonight that is for sure!