Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Getting Better

Today C, Karen F and I ran our "hill" workout from Bridgeport into Northpark.  This was my and C's third time doing this trail and I have to say that it is getting easier.  We even ventured a little further to the second bridge almost into Northpark.  We ran it at a slower pace, which allowed us to run further and gave our muscles enough time to warm up.  As we were ready to turn back, we ran into a couple walking their 3 cats, yes I did say "cats".  I have seen a cat on a leash here and there in the past, but never 3 cats together.  I have to say that they were really well behaved, well at least two of them were. Karen was glad that the diversion of the cats made me stop to pet them, since this was her first time joining us on this hill workout and it gave us a little longer break before turning back.  As we get better at the hills, it is nice to hear that Patty is also getting better.  Hopefully we can all run together by Thursday, if it isn't raining again!

2 comments:

Patty said...

I have somehow missed all of the hill workouts, so I am waaay behind. I feel like it is going to take me a while to catch up with you guys, but what is new. I feel like I am always playing "catch up" for one reason or another and it is kind of disheartening. I am really going to start celebrating the "good" runs, because they are few and far between.

marathon mom said...

I think it's time for us to celebrate something (an excuse for happy hour): me passing my exams, you on your successful appendectomy, and C's new home purchase.