Thursday, February 25, 2010

A Good Sign

Today was the first day I ran since the weekend.  I almost canceled my plans to run with Patty becuase my knee was still sore at lunch time today, but I really needed to test it out and see how bad it really was.  Patty and I met at Central Park for a short easy run.  C had plans tonight and couldn't make it.  The first mile wasn't going so good.  My knee was hurting bad enough to the point where I thought I would have to call it quits, but I stuck with it until we stopped to stretch (about 1 mile).  After I stretched and warmed up, my knee started to feel better and by the end of the run it was as if it hadn't hurt all week.  I am happy to say that even as I sit here typing this, it still doesn't hurt and it actually feels better now than before I ran.  Maybe the run helped loosen something up?  I don't know, but I hope I'll still be feeling this good by tomorrow morning.  In the end, I don't even think our pace was all that bad.  Today was a good sign and hopefully Saturday's longer run will be even better.

1 comment:

Patty said...

Good news! I am glad that it isn't hurting now, you have me to thank for the "run therapy". I am hoping that the good feelings we had after last Sat. run will be back this weekend, it has been a long week, and I am ready to leave it all behind! I hope C can make it, and it is a good day for all of us.