Sunday, February 7, 2010

Lost and Found

The South Fork Trail is becoming the trail of Lost and Found or in our case. . . the Found and Lost.  Not too long ago we found some keys along the trail, which were never claimed by the rightful owner.  Today as we ran from Peet's to Wiley and back, Patty lost her running gloves.  What is really weird about the glove situation is that we couldn't have gone more than a quarter mile when Patty realized that she had dropped them.  We quickly ran back to where we stopped and they were already gone within less than 10-15 minutes.  Now why would someone want a pair of used gloves that they found along a trail?  They are nice gloves, but seriously?  We were hoping someone had picked them up and maybe put them up on something more visible, but no such luck. Thankfully she had lost them on our way back and it was starting to warm up a bit.  We took it easy at a 10 min/mi pace to help Patty ease back into running and kept it a little shorter than our usual long run, which C and I certainly weren't complaining about.  It ended up being such a beautiful day and the coffee at the end wasn't so bad either.

1 comment:

Patty said...

I am really mad at myself about the gloves! I didn't feel like myself on the run today, and I appreciate my friends for taking it easy. I am looking forward to being able to run 10 miles again, and not hating it the whole time. Maybe that will never happen, but it will get better than it was today.