Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Setbacks

The four of us (Patty, Karen, Sea N Sun, and me) met at Heritage for what turned out to be an evening run. We pushed our start time back a half hour hoping that C could make it in time, but she was a no show. We ran up toward Copperhill hoping to get 4 miles in , but decided to stop at the Cheese Park dirt trail because it was starting to get dark and we still had to run back. It was a good thing we didn't decide to go all the way because Patty's knee flared up again on the way back. I keep thinking and hoping that it will just go away. Perhaps when she sees Dr. B, he will work some magic and she will be all better for our 9 mile run this Saturday. So far I have been lucky to not have any injuries which kept me from running, but I can just imagine the frustration especially after working so hard to get to the mileage we are at. By the time we got back to the park, it was rather dark. As the summer comes to an end, I'm starting to worry about how we're going to schedule our runs in, especially after we set our clocks back in October. As it is now, it's hard trying to get everyone together for a run, but once we lose those precious daylight hours, I think it's going to be even harder. I like having so many of my friends running with us.

1 comment:

Patty said...

I am just trying to look at the knee thing as a "setback". I know that when I see the doctor, he will help me figure out a plan to keep me running and training. I am mostly worried about having pain during our longer runs. I am planning to do the 9 miles this Sat. but I will wait and see what the doctor says before I decide for sure. Last night I made it 2 miles before it really started hurting, so it may need more of a rest. I do look forward to the time when we can run in the afternoon again, I can have dinner with my family, and don't get back home so late. Swimming may be in my future :-(