Thursday, September 3, 2009

Crazy?

Often times when I tell non-runners about how much my friends and I run, they often look at me like I'm crazy and then say "why?". Well today during and after our run, I was asking myself the same thing. What a miserable night to run!!! My legs felt like lead, there was still smoke lingering in the air, it was hotter than hell, and the humidity was so thick that I could probably skip the shower tonight. We all were secretly questioning the wisdom of running 18 miles this Saturday if we feel this badly on a 3 mile run. I am so ready for the cooler weather, but I know we still have several months left of this heat. C was nice enough to bring some granola bars for us to try for our long marathon runs. They tasted very nutritious. I keep meaning to go buy some GU and try different flavors this weekend among the three of us so we can decide which ones are keepers. I don't think the jelly beans are going to be enough and the pretzel experiment didn't quite work the way we anticipated. As much as I dislike them, I think we're going to have to go to GU.

1 comment:

Patty said...

We are "crazy"! After last nights disaster of a 3 miler, I truly question our sanity. I am hoping that the weather cools off quite a bit before our long weekend run, but it is already Friday and doesn't seem the least bit cooler. I think the fires, and everyday stresses have gotten to us this week, and it really showed last night. After reading another blog by women who run lots of marathons, I realize that we are not nutritionally prepared. I think you are right to investigate the GU. I just don't know how my stomach is going to hold up.