Monday, September 28, 2009

All By Myself

I took it upon myself to go for a run tonight because I am sadly behind in my miles from last week. I did my usual "by myself" route from home to the Helmers switchbacks to Northpark and back. It's been a while since I ran the hills and I sure felt them. Thankfully the weather has finally started to cool and it was actually pleasant at 5:30 p.m. While I do prefer running with my friends way more, there is some calming and reflective qualities to running by myself that I do enjoy. I like being able to "listen" to how my body is feeling and run easy at my own pace. It's also very therapeutic and clears the mind. Some of my runs are like the Nike slogan, "Just Do It" and get it over with, but usually when I run by myself, they are more like the Reebok slogan "Run Easy". I am now looking forward to running with my friends tomorrow night. I feel like it's been ages since we've been able to all run together.

1 comment:

Patty said...

Good for you getting out by yourself. I would have liked to run yesterday, but am nervous about the knee, it has been achy since Sunday's run. I guess I will see how it holds up tonight. I sure hope this cool weather sticks around, unfortunately I think it is supposed to get windy also, which I hate! Enjoy your day off, both of you!