Thursday, September 17, 2009

Is That All?

C and I met tonight for what we hoped would at least be a 4 mile run, but it turned out to be 3.15. We ran from Cheese Park to Copperhill down the bike trail to Decoro, to McBean and ran up McBean back to the park. We decided to run up McBean instead of running up the dirt trail because we didn't feel like running any hills, but that was a mistake. I now remember why we stopped running up McBean back to the park. While there aren't necessarily two steep hills to climb like the dirt trail, the climb back up to the park on the street is never ending and the hills on the dirt trail are short. We couldn't remember how far exactly this route was, but we thought we would get around 4 miles. We were sorely disappointed when our mileage came up only to just over 3 miles. Our pace was decent at 9.4 min/mi. overall though. We were running in the high 8 min/mi range on the way down, but I think we slowed down quite a bit running back up McBean. We missed Patty tonight. She is being good and listening to Dr.'s orders.

Although I was hoping to get more miles in tonight, I am really glad I ran because I was really dragging all afternoon. My friends took me out to lunch for an early birthday treat and embarrassed me by making me wear a silly birthday hat while the servers sang to me. What are friends for? Lunch was so good, I think I ate too much and was sleepy all afternoon and didn't feel like running at all. However, after my run I felt like I had so much more energy. C and I were thinking that maybe we were feeling more tired this week because we haven't been running as much. Could be?

2 comments:

Patty said...

I always hate running back up McBean to Cheesepark! For some reason it just seems to go on forever. I will be thinking about you running the long one on Sunday! Have a very Happy Birthday Marathon Mom :)

marathon mom said...

Thank you. My friends have treated me very well these last two days. You are all spoiling me, but I'm sure I'll have a rude awakening on Sunday morning that will knock me off this little cloud I'm on. C and I strategized how we are going to run this Sunday. We decided to start with the SCRs and run Rockwell with them and then just turn around at mile 9, which will hopefully be before we hit Whites Canyon or Sierra Hwy. That way we're not running exactly the same route as last time. Also, we talked about taking two weeks off instead of one in between the long runs. I feel like my body isn't quite recovered in time, but then that messes up our schedule with the SCRs. No easy solution. I just want to get the whole thing over with.